The following is a short update on the measures we have implemented across our business in light of the current situation with COVID-19. The health and safety of customers and our team is our highest priority (no, really).
1. We’re open for business!
We’re continuing to trade as normal and believe we’ll continue to be able to. That said, we’ve adjusted some of our safety protocols – these include our office staff working from home, changes to procedures as outlined below, and potentially some disruption to staff schedules given the impact on our staff of school closures.
Happily, as at the date of this update, any changes have not impacted our customers and we continue to provide our usual 5-star TAXIBOX service!
2. Changes to operational procedures
Below is a summary of the changes we’ve made to our operational procedures:
- Hello’s and distance – we’ve asked our team to avoid shaking hands with our customers. Please don’t be offended if you just get a polite wave.
- Signing – we already don’t require signatures on deliveries. Re; signatures when accessing, our team can sign on your behalf with your permission to avoid you needing to touch anything.
- Staffing – we have reinforced with our staff the importance of monitoring their own health and if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness, they are to remain at home.
- Hygiene practices – we’re committed to implementing stricter hygiene practices across our business including cleaning our trucks, office, and warehouses on a daily basis as well as offering hand sanitiser and disinfectants to all staff. We’ve also alerted them to government guidelines on personal hygiene including hand washing.
3. What can you do?
Not too much other than following all government advice. Please avoid physically interacting with our team if you’re feeling unwell. As a business, we’re in the very lucky position of being set up to fulfill our deliveries with very little physical contact.
For anyone who is healthy and coming into our workplaces or contact with our staff, please follow all current government health guidelines (ie washing your hands, maintaining a 1.5m distance where practical and only touching your own personal possessions when on site)
Last (but not least!), whilst we’re not one’s to talk about us and our core values, it’s now more than ever that we’re digging deep to provide an exceptional TAXIBOX experience for our customers whilst providing a safe environment for all.
Last update: 24 March 2020