TAXIBOX is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. This document is a description of the policies that Rentsearch Pty Ltd ATF TAXI BOX Trust T/as TAXIBOX and any subsidiary or related entities ACN 091628250) have adopted to ensure that your personal information is secure and your privacy is protected. It governs the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this document at any time and for any reason. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of TAXIBOX services including the website following any modifications or amendments to this document means that you accept those modifications or amendments.
This document is to be read in conjunction with the TAXIBOX Mobile Self Storage Agreement (“the Agreement”); it forms part of the legal relationship between you (the Storer) and the Owner/Facility, its employees and any other person entitled to enforce the Agreement.
Your Personal Information:
We need to collect and use your Personal Information to provide you with storage. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, licence number and details, passport number (non-Australian issued) and address. You may choose to not provide the Facility with this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with storage
The Facility is authorised to collect and release your information:
- in the provision of storage to you
- in maintaining your account
- in the event that we need to enforce our agreement with you in any way.
The Facility may disclose any information we have about you including your Personal Information to the following:
- Government departments
- law enforcement agencies, including the police; investigators; any person who can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Facility a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer the Storer’s financial affairs;
- debt collection services
- your Alternate Contact Person;
- agents for any of the above
- Storer Check Pty Ltd (see below).
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilise service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, including New Zealand, the UK and the USA. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities in those countries.
You make the following authorisation regarding your Alternate Contact Person:
- that you have the right to disclose information about them including their Personal Information
- that you will inform them that you have made this disclosure
- that the Facility may use this information as we would
- Personal Information collected about you, the Storer
- that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you, the Storer, may correct your Personal Information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises, and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storer Check Pty Ltd (‘Storer Check’)
By applying to store with this facility you agree to the following:
1. This facility may search the Storer Check data base for information Storer Check may have about you. This facility may choose to refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with Storer Check
2. This facility may release or update any details and personal information they have about you to Storer Check,including but not limited to:
- your name
- your address
- your previous address
- your licence number and details
- your passport number (non-Australian issued)
- your date of birth
3. Your details and personal information will be released to Storer Check in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behaviour including but not limited to:
- Not paying for storage
- Dumping or abandoning goods
- Being chronically late with payments
- Being abusive or threatening to staff members or other store providers
- Police involvement, such as the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage space
- Any other breach of the storage agreement
4. This facility may use the information you provide during this application or at any other time to update any listing you have with Storer Check.
If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with this facility.
By applying to store with this facility you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including this facility’s right to search Storer Check for your details, and to release your information and details to Storer Check in certain circumstances. For further information about Storer Check Pty Ltd go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
You may view and correct your Personal Information by:
- giving reasonable notice to the Facility that you wish to view your Personal Information;
- attending at the Facility;
- advising the Facility in writing (email@example.com) that your Personal Information is not correct and provide written corrections.
If you would like any further information regarding how your Personal Information is handled please contact a TAXIBOX representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 87-60-87.