1. What is mobile self-storage and what are the advantages over traditional self storage?
Mobile self-storage is just like regular self storage, except it’s mobile! This makes it more convenient, and cost-effective than self storage. For a description of the process and reasons why mobile storage is the storage solution for you, click here
2. Is TAXIBOX’s mobile self-storage more expensive than traditional self storage?
Definitely not! In fact, TAXIBOX is cheaper and much more convenient. TAXIBOX eliminates many costs associated with traditional self storage such as the need to hire a driver with truck or ute and other costs such as movers are optional. For an instant, transparent quote click here
3. How do I prepare and pack my belongings for transit?
Check out our preparation guide for loading your TAXIBOX here
. We’ve also included a quick guide on the back wall of every TAXIBOX. Plus if you want to see us in action talking about how to prepare your items for storage and how to pack your TAXIBOX , please click here
4. How big is a TAXIBOX?
Our TAXIBOXES are just the right size! Each TAXIBOX typically accommodates an average room to a room and a half of household belongings and are perfect for furniture storage
. (They easily fit large furniture e.g a king size mattress!) Each TAXIBOX is BIG – 2.4m long, 1.5m wide and 2.2m high externally or 2.32m long, 1.46m wide and 2m high internally. TAXIBOXES also have a large door for easy access and can hold up to 1 tonne of weight. Wondering how much can fit in 1 TAXIBOX – try our Storage Calculator
. For more space, simply order more TAXIBOXES! We will not charge for any TAXIBOXES that are delivered but unused.
5. What is the TAXIBOX made out of?
Our TAXIBOXES are built to last – they are thick, solid and extremely secure. TAXIBOXES have been custom built from the ground up after significant research into industry best practice standards. We have used a high quality wood composite which is proven to be a stable and durable material to transport and store your belongings in – the moving industry has been moving your belongings in boxes like these for the last 75 years. The wood composite used breathes much better than steel containers reducing the chance for mold and mildew. Click here
to find out more about the TAXIBOX.
6. Is my TAXIBOX weather resistant?
Yes – your TAXIBOX is covered with a highly durable, weather-resistant cover when outside our storage facility
. TAXIBOXES also rest off the ground to ensure that your belongings are safe and dry should it rain while your TAXIBOX is outside of our secure storage facility.
7. Is my TAXIBOX secure while on my property?
Yes – you will lock your TAXIBOX and you (and only you!) will hold the keys. TAXIBOX employees do not keep the keys to your lock, only you do! Plus we have a-state-of-the-art security system at our storage facility. We also undertake fire audits and conduct regular pest control and less loading and reloading means less potential for damage to your belongings.
8. How many TAXIBOXES will I need?
Generally, you will need 1 TAXIBOX for every 1/1.5 rooms of furniture – to see how many TAXIBOXES you may need, try our Storage Calculator
. If in doubt as to how many TAXIBOXES you will need, you can always order more rather than less as you won’t pay for a delivered TAXIBOX unless you use it! Alternatively, feel free to call one of our customer service representatives who can help you answer this question.
9. Where will my TAXIBOX be delivered?
Each TAXIBOX will be placed at the location of your choice! You can specify the exact location as long as the space can comfortably fit an average car. That is, wherever you would find to be the most convenient for loading and/or unloading, e.g. on the street or driveway. You can get more detail about this by clicking here
10. When can I access my TAXIBOX?
You can access your TAXIBOX 6 days a week. During the week we are open from 9 AM – 530 PM and on Saturday from 9AM – 2PM. Please remember to provide at least 24 hours notice (within business hours) . Organising access is as easy as clicking here
. Note that TAXIBOX closes on public holidays and between Christmas and New Year – please click here
for holiday dates.
11. How much does a TAXIBOX cost?
Our rates are shown here
. Alternatively, fill in the “Request a Quote” form on the right hand side or call us on 1300 87-60-87 for an obligation free quote.
12. How do I pay for my TAXIBOXES? When you make a reservation with TAXIBOX we charge a reservation fee of $129 which will go towards your first month of storage. Once your TAXIBOX/ES are safely back at our facility we take the balance of the first month as well as any packing supplies used. The easiest way to make your ongoing monthly payment is to leave your card details on your account for automatic monthly payments. There are a range of other payment option that can be found by clicking here.
13. Is my reservation deposit refundable?
We understand that the best of plans change and will therefore happily refund your reservation deposit provided you notify us of your decision to cancel more than 7 days in advance of your day of delivery. Please click here
14. If I empty my TAXIBOX at the TAXIBOX storage facility will a re-delivery fee still apply?
For each TAXIBOX that has been stored with us, a check-out fee may be payable at the end of your storage term if you would like to collect the contents of your TAXIBOX from our storage facility. Check-out fees are just $49 per TAXIBOX delivered and stored for less than 6 months or FREE after 6 months of storage! This is discounted from the standard re-delivery fee and is applied because there is considerable work for us in getting your TAXIBOXES ready for check-out even if we aren’t required to deliver them to you.
15. How much time do I have to load/unload my TAXIBOX?
With a TAXIBOX placed on private property you can load at your leisure! We will pick it up when you are ready and store it in our secure storage facility. For more information about other delivery options please click here
16. Will TAXIBOX load my TAXIBOX for me?
Mover hire is available for an extra charge – visit our removalist page (www.taxibox.com.au/removalists) or click here
for more information.
17. Where can TAXIBOXES be placed?
Your TAXIBOX can be placed virtually anywhere on or around your property! A TAXIBOX can fit into any space that can fit an average sized car. TAXIBOXES can even be delivered in time limited parking and access areas. You can get more detail about this by clicking here
18. I’m thinking of moving to a regional/rural location, can you help? Currently TAXIBOX offers delivery within a limited, metro area for the cities we operate in and generally aren’t able to service regional/rural areas. Not sure whether your new home counts as regional/rural? If:
A) You know the (rough) postcode of your new home, the best way to check if we can deliver to that location is to get a quote by clicking here. If it prompts the message “We may not deliver to this location” then please give us a call on 1300 87-60-87 to see if we can help, but we may not be able to service that area.
B) You don’t have a new address in mind but think you might be moving away from the city, please let us know at the time of your booking, so we can advise further. Many customers in this case still use us for storage or moving at INCREDIBLY competitive prices, but simply collect their belongings from one of our convenient facilities!
Please note: Regional/Rural locations include areas along our interstate transport routes, as our interstate trucks are not equipped to load/drop off TAXIBOXES.
19. Are there any items I cannot put in my TAXIBOX? Yes – for safety reasons you cannot store any of the following items:
- Flammable or hazardous goods (e.g. batteries)
- Firearms, munitions or explosives
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Expandable plastics (e.g. foam mattresses)
- Living plants or animals
- Food or perishable goods
- Illegal goods
20. What about insurance?
TAXIBOX carries our own insurance but it is your responsibility to insure your belongings.Click here
21. Do you give discounts if I get multiple TAXIBOXES?
Yes – Please call us on 1300 87-60-87 for details.
22. Can I leave my TAXIBOXES at my house for on-site storage?
Of course! TAXIBOX has an ideal solution for on-site storage – click here
to find out more.
23. What happens if I don’t get my TAXIBOXES packed in time?
Call us to reschedule! We try to be as flexible as possible so as long as you give us plenty of notice we will do our best to accommodate you. There are fees payable in certain circumstances – click here
for an explanation of when these charges apply. Alternatively feel free to book in for access and keep packing at our facility!
24. How do I organise re-delivery of my TAXIBOXES and how much notice do I need to give?
Organising re-delivery of your TAXIBOXES is easy! Simply fill in our quick online re-delivery request form available on our website here: www.taxibox.com.au/exit
. One of our TAXIBOX team members will then confirm your re-delivery by return email. Please be sure to give us at least 7 days notice for return of your TAXIBOX and the more notice the better, particularly if you would like your TAXIBOXES re-delivered around holidays such as Christmas and Easter.
25. Do you offer regular self-storage as well as mobile self-storage?
Yep – we sure do! You can check in/out directly at any of our mobile self-storage facilities (drive up access is available).