Sometimes plans change, things come up, life gets in the way. We get it. At TAXIBOX, we’re more than happy to accommodate changes when we can. Most of the time, you can make these changes free of charge, but there are some circumstances where we’ll have to pass on some of the costs.
If you need to make changes for the local delivery or pick-up of your TAXIBOX, you can make that change free of charge. All you have to do is request the change before 2:30pm, on the business day before your original booking was scheduled. If you need to make your changes on a Saturday, you can call to request your changes anytime before 12pm. Any changes made past our notice period will be charged a flat fee. You can find associated fees here.
If your TAXIBOX isn’t ready for pick-up or delivery according to the original schedule, we charge a fee. This might happen if your TAXIBOX arrives when it’s supposed to arrive but you’re not ready yet. The fee you’re charged varies depending on which delivery zone you’re in (find out which fees are charged for your delivery zone here).
The zone you’re in is determined by how close your delivery/pick-up location is to the CBD in your city. You can calculate your delivery zone here.
Cancelling Your TAXIBOX
Need to cancel your TAXIBOX? Tragic, but we’ll survive. If your booking is for a local delivery and you let us know at least 7 days ahead of your original delivery day,we can happily refund your reservation deposit.
If you’re using Mobile Storage for a local direct move and you’ve pre-paid, we’ll refund the full amount you paid: all you have to do is give us 7 days notice, based on the original day you had scheduled for delivery.
If you aren’t able to give us 7 days notice, we’ll retain a booking fee equal to the storage rate for x1 TAXIBOX in your city. You can check our booking form to confirm the rates you’ll be charged. If you’ve made a pre-payment for your booking, we’ll refund you that balance.
Any cancellations after your TAXIBOX has been delivered are subject to our minimum service charge of one month’s rates for storage, plus a pick-up fee.You can click here for pricing based on your delivery suburb!
If you’re using Mobile Storage to move interstate…
- We’ll refund your fee in full if you cancel at least 10 days ahead of your scheduled departure date. The more notice we have, the better.
- If you can only give us 24 hours notice, we can offer you a refund of 50% of your fee.
- Any cancellations with less than 24 hours notice, we retain full payment from.
We pride ourselves on offering great value with above and beyond service, so we’d like to be fully transparent so you can understand why we charge fees in these instances (which is not something we do lightly)! Changes at short notice result in additional work for TAXIBOX and therefore higher costs for our company, which we cannot afford to absorb. Some examples of this include:
- Receiving late notice of a change to the schedule – we set our schedule at or after 2.30PM one business day prior to deliveries. Changes after this time result in additional work (e.g. your TAXIBOXES may have already been loaded onto vehicles). It also means that at short notice, we’re unable to re-fill this space.
- Failed delivery/collection – the space on the vehicles has been allocated already, so this results in additional time worked on the day your TAXIBOX was scheduled to be delivered or collected.
If you’re booking movers through TAXIBOX…
- Keep in mind that your removalist fees are fully refundable in the event of a cancellation, at least 2 business days before your delivery was originally booked (the more days notice you can give, the better, we always appreciate it when our customers do us a solid)!
- After this point we will retain any removalist fees paid if you’re cancelling or rescheduling your booking. We’ll retain the full booking charges for any removalist cancellations made with less than a day’s notice (the day before your original booking, after 3pm).
All TAXIBOX refunds are processed weekly on Tuesdays, with the funds typically hitting your account within 2 business days.